forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Quirks -> Standards-compliance mode rendering
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:13:29 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> If there are outstanding issues that crop out, we should remove that, of
> course. I thought that now was ok to do it, seeing the results. In fact
> we have changed a bit our expectance on the skin: we wanted initially to
> have it look equivalent even in older browsers, but now, with the
> soon2come css skin, it will not be so.

The last time I checked http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/ with Mozilla
1.2 on W2K, I wasn't very happy with it - distorted layout and all.
Miles? I was wondering whether the rounded tab corners would be the
reason. I'm +0 on dropping them if that simplifies stuff.
http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/software/forrest/1.5/ hasn't got
them, neither.

> BTW, if you look at the tigris style, they have
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//Tigris//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
> "http://style.tigris.org/tigris_transitional.dtd">
>
> which is quite unusual AFAIK.

Yes - wouldn't like to see that in our CVS.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org