forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Xinclude and (in)validation
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:07:05 GMT

J.Pietschmann wrote, On 06/02/2003 1.00:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> What should I do now? %-|
> Plug in the validation processor after the XInclude processor.
> Didn't someone just announce such a compenent on the Cocoon
> list?

Hmmm... we are doing validation as a step before even Cocoon being
called. I don't think it's even correct to validate a document at every
call, it should be done beforehand IMHO.

That said, and looking at your suggestion, it seems that I'm starting to
understand why some talk about validation being toed to a processing

The fact is: is the xml fragment I posted valid xml? How the heck is
xinclude to work in the real world with validation?

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -