forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some newbie questions
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:45:20 GMT
On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:41:05AM +0100, Schlierf, Stephan wrote:
> [...]

That is correct.

> >> 2) On the right corner of a generated HTML-site the logo "print-friendly

> >I don´t know a "configure way". But it´s written in the XSLT-stylesheet.
> > >On Forrest 0.4 is in the context\skins\common\xslt\html\document2html.xsl
> >
> > >a named template "pdflink". There is the image and the link text defined.
> >

> Yeah, that's it!

Btw, you needn't hack Forrest or create a new skin to fix this; just
create one file in your project:

src/documentation/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl

That being a copy of the Forrest document2html.xsl, with the text
changed.  Any file in the skin can be overridden this way, although it is
a bit risky from a forwards-compatibility POV.

In CVS, the link just says "PDF".  Probably we should use the official
Adobe icon and leave the text out altogether.

> >No idea. If I remember right (there were some discussions here) then it´s
> > >an error in the XSL-FO stylesheets, in Cocoon or in FOP. Too deep for me
> > :-(
> >
> Can anybody else give me a helping hand here ?

Well, how badly do you need images in PDFs? :)  It requires the use of
the CVS version of FOP, which (last I tried) wasn't terribly
production-ready.

A version of Forrest that works with images can be obtained with 'cvs up
-r PDF_IMAGE_BRANCH'.  I can put a binary up if you like.

--Jeff