forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specifying src
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 02:57:16 GMT
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:18:23PM -0400, admin wrote:
> I apology if this was asked a couple of hundred times already, but
> when specifying src= in img, figure and the like what I suppose to
> use -- a "normal" linking or a semantic linking? A big site like ours can
> get images from tens of different resources, and setting them all in
> site.xml seems like a lot of pain.
>
> So, how can I use a "normal" URI to specify an image as a figure in
> the article, for example? I tried simple src="blha.gif", which didn't
> work :(. What to do when image is in the different directory? On a
> different site?

Usually, images should go in src/documentation/resources/images/, and
can then be referred to with <figure src='images/whatever.png'/>

Alternatively (I've never understood why images are 'resources') you can
drop images directly in src/documentation/content/, and refer to them
without the prefix: <figure src="whatever.png">

It looks like site: linking does not work with 'src' attributes in 0.4.
It could be made to with a small sitemap tweak.

--Jeff