forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest 0.4 release
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:47:25 GMT
Okay then.  Could you please do the usual upload magic on daedalus:

scp* .

I am off to bed now.  Since Nicola did most of the work, perhaps he
should announce it?  Otherwise I'll do so tomorrow, and update freshmeat
and  Appended is a suggested release notice.

Subject: [ANN] Apache Forrest 0.4 released

The Forrest team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Forrest
0.4.  The release is available at

Forrest ( is an XML standards-oriented
project documentation framework built on Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT
stylesheets and schemas, images and other resources. Forrest uses these
to render the XML source content into a website via command-line, robot
(see, or a dynamic web application.

Forrest 0.4 contains some important skin bugfixes made since 0.3:

 - krysalis-site skin now works with multi-level site.xml
 - krysalis-site #N12345-style fragment identifiers have been replaced with
   something more stable and user-friendly.
 - avalon-site skin no longer halts with an error after rendering
 - site.xml-generated menus are now limited to pages in or below the
   current directory.  Eg, see
 - The HTML DOCTYPE has been fixed to get out of browser quirks mode.  This
   fixes cross-browser issues in all skins.
 - A <credit role="pdf"> skinconf entry no longer cause a broken image in
   HTML if <url> and <image> are omitted [3]

Plus there are a number of minor enhancements:

 - All skins validate as CSS2.
 - book.xml files in subdirectories can now use site: URLs, removing the
   hassle of updating adding/deleting ..'s.
 - The Cocoon log level is now set to ERROR, to reduce log verbosity.
 - Some small PDF improvements.

The full list of changes is viewable at:

Forrest 0.4 is (to our knowledge) backwards-compatible with all previous

Please send feedback to

  The Apache Forrest team

View raw message