forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Printable version
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:08:41 GMT
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 10:44:37AM +0300, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org>
> > Miles Elam wrote, On 08/02/2003 20.14:
> > > Do we want to change this to "downloadable version"?  I added some print
> > > directives to the stylesheet.  Try printing
> > > http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/ to see the results.
> >
> > Yup, I've recently made the same for other skins, except that the
> > current Forrest one is still half-crap.
> >
> > I've already changed it to "printer-friendly PDF", is this ok?
>
> I'd also suggest to change the "Printer-friendly" icon to something like a
> PDF/Acrobat logo which is more usual for PDF versions.

Good idea.

All: do these licensing terms look acceptable?

http://www.adobe.com/misc/linking.html#pdficon

Of note:

  "1. You will only display the Adobe PDF file icon on your Web site, and
  not in any other manner.
  2. The Adobe PDF file icon must appear by itself, with a minimum
  spacing (the height of the icon) between each side of the icon and any
  other graphic or textual elements on your Web page."

I think Forrest complies with 1, and we can live with 2, ridiculous
though it is.

> Additionally, a new link to really a printer-friendly version could be
> added, which will display the same page in HTML, containing only the content
> part (just like it is displayed in Print preview at
> http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/).

Using the PDF icon for PDFs frees up the printer icon for a
printer-friendly page.

--Jeff