forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject No cwiki in 0.3.x? (Re: Quirks -> Standards-compliance mode rendering)
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:20:04 GMT
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 12:43:11PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote, On 08/02/2003 12.25:
> >Btw, want me to merge the cwiki stuff or are you okay with it?  With
> >cwiki working, I think we can do a 0.3.1 release.
>
> You mean the latest patch about the final cwiki verycool grammar?
> You wanna do it?
>
> Cool, I like it when others do the work for me :-)
>
> Go go go.

Tried to with an updated chaperon and chaperon block, but I hit this
exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.excalibur.source.Source.getURI()Ljava/lang/String;
    at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LexicalTransformer.setup(LexicalTransformer.java:193)
    at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:391)
    at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:295)

When I try to upgrade just excalibur-sourceresolve, I get this exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.excalibur.source.Source.discardValidity()V
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:339)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:284)
    at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:1340)

So looks like we can't get this wiki stuff working without upgrading
Cocoon, which would break sitemap backwards-compat, which I really don't
think we should do in the 0.3.x series.

So how about:
 - release 0.3.1 with cwiki completely removed
 - upgrade Cocoon and if everything seems to work, do a 0.4 alpha release
   (alpha indicating that sitemap contracts are liable to break).

> BTW, thinking about iguanacharlie, I think that maybe the best thing is
> to kep krysalis-site as-is and move the forrest-site one to CSS. I'd
> prefer we keep a skin that still uses tables. Is that ok?

Wouldn't it be better to have iguanacharlie as a completely independent
forrest-css skin?  Seems better to make a clean break, than to gradually
lose forrest-site's compatibility with old browsers.

--Jeff