forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do tabs.xml and site.xml interact?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:47:49 GMT
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 08:31:34AM +0100, Ed Steenhoek wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2003 at 18:03, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Ah okay.  Then you need to create a book.xml file in your site's
> > content/xdocs directory.  This allows you to specify exactly what you
> > want in the root menu.  Attached is a book.xml for the sample webapp
> > ('forrest seed').
> >
> > --Jeff
> >

> OK. Will do trials.
>
> I think this is beginning to become a design issue: I would have
> expected that this behaviour would also be generated from site.xml
> making usage of book.xml obsolete.

It is a design issue; specifically we need a flexible way of creating
'views' (in the SQL sense) of site.xml.

We also need a more flexible XML format for representing menus (book.xml
is limited to 2 levels, and menus aren't clickable), and stylesheets that
take advantage of the new format.  So much to do, so little time..

--Jeff