forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: New to the project and a website bug
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:09:50 GMT
Steve Peters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just signed up for the development mailing-list and I'm hoping
> I can help out with the project.  I've had quite a few years of
> work with Java and XML, and I'm hoping to contribute after I get
> my feet wet a bit more.

Excellent, welcome. Any contribution is a good one.

> I did notice a problem with the index page of the site at
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/index.html.  At the bottom of the
> page in the Help Wanted section, the "contributing" link is broken.
> It's pointing at http://xml.apache.org/forrest/site_contributing.html
> whilst the menu link, which works, is pointing at
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/contrib.html.

Thanks. I noticed that yesterday and fixed it in CVS.
Now we need to wait for the website to be automagically updated.
It is fixed on the forrestbot website at
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/

The reason for that break was that we were using the wrong
symbol from site.xml, i.e. site:contributing rather
than site:contrib
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml.diff?r1=1.22&r2=1.23&diff_format=h

> Anyway, I'm going back to lurking mode for a while, but if anyone
> has any suggestions where help is needed, please let me know.

One really useful thing, and a great way to learn, is to
follow your-project.html and forrestbot-intro.html and
send patches for any out-of-date documentation.

This is one of our biggest problems at the moment.
We do not have enough troops to keep the docs in sync
with the fast pace of development.

--David