forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie: RTF serialization
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:22:37 GMT
From: "Alexander Smirnoff" <asmirnoff@vistar.ca>
> Hi,
>
> We started to use Forrest in our company as a documentation site. Really
nice framework! Thanks guys.

> One of our management requirements is to be able to serialize document
format into RTF, so they could be able to "edit" it with MS
> Word.
>
> Is it possible to do that and to have both PDF and RTF documents
generated?

There should be no problems with it as Cocoon has an RTF serializer (based
on jfor library). It should be just a matter of adding a couple of
declarations/matchers to the main sitemap (the same way as it is for PDF).
And you should also change the skin to add a link to the RTF version.

--
  Konstantin