forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Progress with images-in-PDFs
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:36:49 GMT
On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 09:02  AM, Jeff Turner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit stuck.. now that Cocoon has the Batik-closing-the-stream
> workaround
> committed [1], I've got the latest Cocoon working in Forrest locally
> (it's
> buggy [2] though).  I'm using FOP 0.20.4, which I assume is 'good
> enough'.  If
> I try the latest FOP from CVS, I get an error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/messaging/MessageHandler

You need to patch cocoon with the src/documentation/cocoon.diff in FOP
cvs.
The api has changed a bit, in particular the static classes like the
MessageHandler have been removed.

Note some images like png will need the Jimi library to work, which you
cannot distribute.

> I can't find that class anywhere in xml-fop/.
>
> So with 0.20.4, I now get this error when trying to render your-
> project.pdf:
>
> ERROR   (2003-01-20) 18:28.47:081   [sitemap] (/forrest/your-
> project.pdf) Thread-16/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area :
> Error with image URL: images/new-project.png (No such file or
> directory) and no base directory is specified
>
> Now I've no idea how to tell FOP how to read images from Cocoon, ie
> assuming a
> 'cocoon://' scheme.  Could this be done with the JAXP URIResolver?

The way it is currently done is by providing an interface to resolve a
URI (through the user agent) which cocoon then implements to resolve the
URL's.

Keiron.