forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Person DTD
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:17:10 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
>>
>>Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
>>can take from, please help :-)
>><person id="">
>>   <honorific></honorific>
>>   <firstname></firstname>
>>   <surname></surname>
>

> After the recent thread on Cocoon-dev:
>
>      <birthday></birthday>

yes! but please, make it more structured

  <birthday year="xxxx" month="xx" day="xx"/>

I'm lazy on parsing routines :)

Also, I would like to see some optional tags such as

  <picture src="x.jpg">
  <pronounciation src="x.mp3>

where

  picture is for a picture

and

pronounciation is an audio file that you can hear the person pronouncing
his/her own name, so that we know how to say it the first time we meet
without the stupid 'how do you pronounce your name' question.

Another great thing (thinking for the future) is the geographical
location of his/her residence

  <location latidude="" longitude=""/>

but I'm probably getting too wild here :)