forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Person DTD
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:06:29 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
> can take from, please help :-)
HR-XML (human ressources) might be a good place to look.
LDAP schemas ought to be interesting to look at too.

> <person id="">
>   <honorific></honorific>
>   <firstname></firstname>
>   <surname></surname>

Add a <cname> (common name) here and use it as the primary key.
Rationales:
- There is always a "John R. Hacker III"
- There is also always a "Chen Yong Lee" What's the first and
   the last name here?
- You may also try the full name of this "Lula" guy :-)
There are more rationales I just can't remember right now. We've
got some thirty pages while designing our LDAP schema...

>   <address>
>     <email></email>
Add GPG public key and X.509 certificate.

BTW: It would be interesting if the ASF would run a CA and
provide certificates to the committers (a prerequisite for
SubVersion, and see the Wiki for more applications).
I would even volunteer to help...

J.Pietschmann