forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Person DTD
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:34:28 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
>>Avalon has a format now used, and we could include something like it.
>>We could also point in the status.xml file to a dir where the author
>>info can be found, so that links are possible, and we would be using
>>there only an id to specify the authors.
>>I would also propose we use unix ids as ids in that file.
>>
>>Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
>>can take from, please help :-)
>

> IIRC Avalon uses Docbook for this.

Then I guess the below snippet is modified Dochook?

>><person id="">
>>  <honorific></honorific>
>>  <firstname></firstname>
>>  <surname></surname>
>>  <address>
>>    <email></email>
>>    <website></website>
>>    <blog rss=""></blog>
>>  </address>
>>  <affiliation> (1..n)
>>    <shortaffil></shortaffil>
>>    <jobtitle></jobtitle>
>>    <orgname></orgname>
>>    <orgdiv></orgdiv>
>>  </affiliation>
>>  <blurb>
>>    <para>
>>    </para>
>>  </blurb>
>></person>
>

> FTR, Maven's POM uses:
>
>    <developer>
>      <name>Jason van Zyl</name>
>      <id>jvanzyl</id>
>      <email>jason@zenplex.com</email>
>      <organization>Zenplex</organization>
>      <roles>
>        <role>Architect</role>
>        <role>Release
>          Manager</role>
>      </roles>
>    </developer>
>

> +0 if you'd like to add it.

To status.xml? It missed more detailed info about the person.

I am thinking about replacing the Avalon developer pages.

  - convert to DocumentDTD and loos semantics
  - make a DTD out of it
  - reuse a DTD

IT needs to be at least functionally equivalent, the above POM stuff
just won't do.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -