forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Out-of-line links (Re: <acronym> tag in docv11)
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:00:31 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Docbook uses such things to build indexes.  If we could declare
> taxonomies of words (eg 'pelican' is a typeof 'bird'), I'd imagine search
> results could be more accurate.

Oops another semantic web convert. :-)
Don't forget to plunder existing repositories for ideas, tags,
taxonomies and data.
Some keywords to search for: Cyc, OpenCyc, Virtual Hyper Glossary.

However, be prepared for a desillusionment too. There is a reason
that this isn't already widely used.

BTW I've seen the pendulum swing into the "simple" XHTML-like
markup, now it seems to return to the "semantic" DocBook-like
direction...

J.Pietschmann