forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.3 release?
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:51:29 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There have been lots of small changes since 0.2.1.  Some of the bigger
> ones:
>
>  - Decent #fragment-identifiers
>  - krysalis-site skin added, which seems quite popular
>  - skin commonalities factored out into skins/common/*.  Makes writing
>    new skins easier.
>  - site.xml replacement for book.xml, site:, ext: links etc
>  - src/documentation/content/{* - xdocs} copied across, allowing
>    inclusion of static HTML (javadocs, etc).
>  - forrestbot fixed up (can't remember if this was after 0.2..)
>  - RSS changes.xml
>
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/changes.html

I think too it's time for a release.

> What ought to happen before we release 0.3?
>
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/forrest-issues.html
>
> I would like to get the HTML fixed up
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-25

Yes.

> and I suspect the copying of non-xdoc contents isn't 100% because
> krysalis-site sites still don't have rounded tabs.

Yes too. Also, you should remove IMHO the html generation with jtidy in
the verbatim docs, because since we copy them all across, it doesn't
make sense anymore.

I think that it's time for a release, but I have a couple of things I
still have to commit.

  1. usage of .cwiki sources in wiki format
  2. pngs made from svgs
  3. advancement in the edit/ section

(1) and (2) work ok, and I am particularly interested in seeing what
people think of (1). (3) is better but still needs fixes, but it was
broken before anyway, so it won't really make much difference.

Shall I commit?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -