forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs book.xml
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:36:53 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> jefft@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jefft       2003/01/22 21:28:36
>>
>>   Removed:     src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs
>>                         book.xml
>>   Log:
>>   Remove book.xml in favour of site.xml-generated menus
>

> {thumbs up}

I'd like to remember that as a general concept, book.xmls seem to be
needed in some cases (not this one, I agree).

For example, if the build process prebuilds some content that originally
wasn't planned (for example some reports, that can be 1, 2... 2000), the
best thing seems to be able to "mount" the generated docs dir with its
own book.xml.

For this case though, it might be even better to be able to mount a
subsite.xml file in the original one. Basically the main site.xml would
esplicitly define that it will inclusde in a certain point of the
descriptor the contents of subsite.xml.

No?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -