forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Linking revisited: A general linking system
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 06:33:06 GMT
hi,

maybe i'm a bit late...

but i checked the samples/linkrewriter-demo today,
i noticed that linkmap.xml is something like:
<site href="">
   <index href="index.html"/>
   <dreams href="dreams.html"/>
   <faq href="faq.html">
     <how_can_I_help href="#how_can_I_help"/>
     <building_own_website href="#own_website"/>

now from a xml validation point of view this is bad having
that much differen node-names,
do you have some special reasons for that node-name naming conventions?

may i suggest using instead
<site href="">
   <link name="index" href="index.html"/>
   <link name="dreams" href="dreams.html"/>
   <link name="faq" href="faq.html">
     <link name="how_can_I_help" href="#how_can_I_help"/>
     <link name="building_own_website" href="#own_website"/>

maybe instead of name attribute, attribute named key, or id fits better,
anyway this way we could have a DTD and a formal validation would be easier,

an other option:
<site href="">
   <link href="index.html">index</link>

summarizing my main concern is about validating the linkmap,
using any of DTD, schema, or Schematron,
i think that's important in the long run,

regards bernhard