forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adopt site: linking
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:28:16 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> It seems RDF has the advantage of being representable as almost-plain-XML,
> whereas XTM wants a custom format.
What custom format? Last time I looked it was XML too.

>   <folder rdf:ID="/" about=".">
>     <file rdf:ID="index"
>       dc:Source="index.xml"
>       dc:Description="Forrest home page"
>       dc:Creator="Various"
>       dc:Format="text/xml"
>       href="index.html">
Cool!

Now for a more complex problem:
There is a directory "design" containing a bunch of
xdocs which may have links to each other, let's say
there is a <link href="site:svg-embedding"> somewhere.
No problems for the website, but what if, as Keiron
described, the idea is to generate a PDF booklet
containing all the design stuff? This means you may need
different mappings for the same link destination,
dependent on some context.

J.Pietschmann