forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Letting through raw HTML
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 06:54:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:41:55PM +0100, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >Yes, but we don't *want* SoC in these cases.  It's the same as allowing
> >content/*.{html,pdf}, javadocs etc.
>
> Um, no. Any XML source is supposed to transform into several output
> formats, in particular into a printer friendly page.

xdocs means 'XML docs'.  Files in xdocs/ are generally understood to
requires some processing before being presented.  Those two conditions
apply to *.html files which need a menu and tabs added.

> If you want HTML, write a .hmtl file and give a damn about skinning.

Wait till one day when YOU want to include a <form> or applet in your
Forrest app ;)  Or as Peter West is trying to do; colourize some HTML.

> I'd rather go with Nicola's proposal.

XHTML 2 is a long-term, >12 month-ETA proposal.  content/xdocs/*.html is
here and now.

--Jeff