forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Letting through raw HTML
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:19:34 GMT
Hi,

Sometimes there is a HTML feature that you really need, that doc-v11
doesn't have.  Perhaps it's nested tables, or <p> inside <dt>, or a bit
of Javascript, or an applet, or a right-aligned image.. etc etc.

So I'd like to introduce behaviour where:

content/xdocs/*.html

is treated as well-formed XML (hence in xdocs), and just has the menu and
tabs added.

Then we would have 3 different ways of handling HTML, from least invasive
to most:

.../content/*.html         - Copied across unmodified
.../content/xdocs/*.html   - Copied across, menu/tabs added
.../content/xdocs/*.ihtml  - Converted to doc-v11

Does this sound decent?

--Jeff