forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adopt site: linking
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 02:32:38 GMT
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:23:27PM +0100, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> > As I told Robert off-list, the site.xml format is very much a first cut,
> > "simplest thing that works" affair, which at some stage we can replace
> > with a decent RDF + dublin core system, more like the LSB site.xml.
> Search the forrest list archive for "topic map(s)".

TMs or RDF..

It seems RDF has the advantage of being representable as almost-plain-XML,
whereas XTM wants a custom format.

<rdf:RDF
  xml:base=""
  xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/metadata/1.0#"
  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/#">

  <folder rdf:ID="/" about=".">
    <file rdf:ID="index"
      dc:Source="index.xml"
      dc:Description="Forrest home page"
      dc:Creator="Various"
      dc:Format="text/xml"
      href="index.html">
      <dc:Title>
        <rdf:Alt>
          <rdf:li xml:lang="en">Index</rdf:li>
          <rdf:li xml:lang="de">Das Index :)</rdf:li>
        </rdf:Alt>
      </dc:Title>
    </file>
  </folder>