forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Sitemap woes and semantic linking
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:52:56 GMT

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Jeff Turner wrote:

> Forget this idea that httpd is optional.  Put it right in the centre,
> use it for URI management and static resource handling, and delegate to
> Cocoon only the things Cocoon is good at handling.

I can see the sense in that ... although it does assume that everything is
going to be coming and going via HTTP. But as I can't think of any sane
alternatives, that seems reasonable ;-)

> But it's not a protocol, it's a 'scheme' :)  Everyone makes this mistake
> (thanks to Marc for pointing it out).

Ah, gotcha, thanks. I see the point now.

> So when you see <link href="java:org.apache.myproj.MyClass">, the 'java:'
> bit is simply telling the link processor that "org.apache.myproj.MyClass"
> is to be interpreted as a Java resource identifier.
>
> > (That's not to say I'm in favour of the +uml notation either...
>
> Oh, that 'text/html+javadoc' was a wild guess at what a Javadoc MIME type
> might be, based on the observation that the SVG MIME type is
> 'text/xml+svg'

Ok. Again, my misunderstanding of your intention -- I thought you were
aiming to add bits to MIME types, rather than using a specific "javadoc"
type.

Thanks for the explanations!

Andrew.