forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Apache Trove
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 23:36:41 GMT
Hi Steven,

interesting choice of the word 'trove'
--- something valuable discovered or found
--- a collection of valuable objects

----- but nothing is discovered - it is already known, of course it is a
collection of valuable objects. The history of the word is from the french verb
'trover = "to find".' But there is nothing to find. It is already known.

but if it is a list of all projects, why not use 'grove'
-- my dictionary says grove = a small wood or stand of trees without dense
undergrowth

----- a clean forrest?

semantic pedantics :)
-Rob