forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <>
Subject RE: [RT] LinkTranslator Usage (Sitemap woes and semantic linking)
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:29:08 GMT
Hi Bernhard

But can you really have this one-to-one relationship? Perhaps the site you are
building can, but the reality I deal with would not allow this type of thing. In
my experience the WML site needs a different number of pages(length, navigation,
linking, etc). For me, this requires a different site structure that can only be
acheived by laying out the site in a different way. Perhaps I am missing

> Inspired by the schema/protocol discussiion i now
> use <link href="page:index"/>.
> An action named "link-map-translator" sets the Constants.LINK_OBJECT
> table of the objectModel to a table which returns
> for an href "page:index" index.html, or index.wml depending
> on the extension of the Action src extension values.
> The contract i was implementing:
> A browser requests index.html, hrefs of the form page:XXX
> are translated due to the requested page extension '.html'
> to XXX.html, ditto for index.wml is translated to XXX.wml.
> This way i write now xml documents which can be published
> for html, or wml
> I was not aware of the possibilities of LinkTranslator,
> although it is used in  CocoonCLI/FileSavingEnvironment.
> hope it helps in understanding Cocoon "hidden" features a
> bit better.
> bye bernhard

View raw message