forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Entities in XML docs
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:26:00 GMT
Joerg Pietschmann wrote:

> As for XSD support, I though more of poor Steven wrestling with
> this expensive XMetal thingie, which is a bit agnostic when it comes
> to RNG. But then, if *Steven* asks Corel for RNG support and pulls
> the ASF weight properly, they might even listen...

I strongly advise anyone to just go and talk to their tools vendor.

I managed to (co-)influence XMLSpy in doing a (half a decent) job in
supporting OASIS catalogs already, and have been bugging Stylus about it
too. Pulling the 'being an Apache committer' trick did help.

I think the old XMetal gang is just happy that they still are allowed to
continue development by the new Corel bosses :-<

<snip/>

> Well, the above might be more appropriate on a weblog than on forrest-dev.

I sure would become a reader then ;)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org