forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Verbatim file copy now works also with CLI
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:00:45 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:
>>
>>> Does this mean you would favor the 'completely configurable scenario'
>>> if it gets implemented?
>>

>> Read the last link I sent:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103735610725795&w=2
>>
>> And if it's not clear, I also wrote:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103735701826486&w=2
>>
>>  >I want this to be a possibility, but not necessarily mandated;
>>  > as long as both solutions are there, it will be ok.
>>  >
>>  > As for the default, probably when we have a proposal, we should launch
>>  > a poll for our users and a RFC to cocoon-dev to see what hey
>>  > think about it.
>

> So am I wrong when assuming your recent commits could be slightly
> contradicting your positive feelings about the suggestions you are
> referencing?

I am fixing a bug. No more, no less.

> I feel there will be quite some overlap if and when file:
> gets implemented.

If and when file: gets implemented, this is not to remain anymore.

But having multiple dirs or one dir for content has nothing to do with
resource-exists versus file: .

I can keep all files in a single dir and reference them via file: or
implicitly via resource-exists.
Or I can have separated dirs and use file: or implicit handling to get
the file.

Please don't mix issues.

> The less alternatives we have, the less we have to
> document and support. From the user's perspective, your resource-action
> based solution is brain-dead simple, but I believe it complicates
> matters on an implementation (and maybe also performance) level.
>
> Just trying to better understand.

I've fixed a bug. The "file:" issue is over for me, you know I don't
care anymore discussing it, too much heat for nothing.

I hope I can continue fixing bugs though without having to pass through
this every single time.

Thank you.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -