forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Verbatim file copy now works also with CLI
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:03:13 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> If a file is present in the content dir, it is presented as-is to the
>> user. This now works also with the CLI, and th ehtml and xml files'
>> links are also crawled. This means that if I include a html file
>> verbatim that links to another file, the referenced file is also
>> processed.
>>
>> Bottom line for the user: if you want Forrest to serve a file as-is,
>> put it in the content dir, and reference it from a link in any other
>> page or book.xml. If the file is html, its links will be crawled.
>

> I would like this behaviour to be restricted to a /static/ source
> directory, /static/ appearing in both source and target URI. I think
> mixing files on the filesystem, which can be interpreted as both source
> and destination is dangerous and messy.
 >
> But anyway, I think we have discussed this before :(

We have, and IIUC the result was that it should be possible to have both
behaviours.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103735610725795&w=2

I want all files in a single dir hierarchy, while others prefer to have
them all nicely divided into sections IIUC. So we came to the conclusion
that we should have it all parametrized so that users can decide what to
do. I hinted that we could keep the single uri space as the default one,
and others seemed IIRC not negative for this.

Anyway, what I have committed is just a bugfix of an existing feature,
not a new feature.

If you want to patch the code to make the completely configurable
scenario possible without Ant copying, fell free to do so.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -