forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Verbatim file copy now works also with CLI
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:24:58 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> 0) there was no consensus in _any_ direction, only -1s and bad feelings

then why the 'nicola, why won't you listen?' remark?  sounds
as though it's advice we could all stand to take.

> 2) it will be visible anyhow that some resources aren't fed across the
> XML-aware pipelines (view source, different layout, etc etc)

the visitor to the site isn't going to know xml had anything
to do its creation, and will care even less.  all they care
about is usability and presentation.  it's up to the site
developer to address those issues; forrest needs to be a tool
to aid those developers, not dictate to them how they should
do things.

> Talk about purists: http://httpd.apache.org/info/aol-http.html - you
> were there, then, I assume...? Were they right? Of course. Were they
> regarded by some as starry-eyed purists... assumably.

i believe there is a slight difference between clear violation of
an internet-wide defined protocol and a pre-beta project with
a relatively small community.

>> /me is *not* in a good mood.  take the above or leave it as you wish.
>
> So it seems. Not.

i should probably just shut up and only post concerning technical
questions.  i'm not a developer on this project, i don't know from
xml or cocoon or java, and therefore my input is really no more
than kibbitzing -- and no-one really enjoys having someone commenting
over its shoulder.