forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Verbatim file copy now works also with CLI
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:28:31 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> If a file is present in the content dir, it is presented as-is to the
> user. This now works also with the CLI, and th ehtml and xml files'
> links are also crawled. This means that if I include a html file
> verbatim that links to another file, the referenced file is also processed.
>
> Bottom line for the user: if you want Forrest to serve a file as-is, put
> it in the content dir, and reference it from a link in any other page or
> book.xml. If the file is html, its links will be crawled.

I would like this behaviour to be restricted to a /static/ source
directory, /static/ appearing in both source and target URI. I think
mixing files on the filesystem, which can be interpreted as both source
and destination is dangerous and messy.

But anyway, I think we have discussed this before :(

Why don't you listen, Nicola? Aren't we good enough?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org