forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Entities in XML docs
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:07:09 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> My current preference is to go with 3.2, and implement it with InputModules, the
> same way LinkRewriterTransformer works.  Using XInclude would involve less
> coding, but the DTD problems would be too horrible..

Related thought: would 'entities' be required to be well-formed in the
sense of external XML entities?

Would they be read and injected as if they are XML, or just strings?

Gotchas when going full monty: they can have multiple root elements but
still be valid when included.

Somehow related thought, but too scared to think about: i18n.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org