forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: consensus and discussions
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:54:19 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
[...]
> Reverting a -1 to a -0 is *A GOOD THING*. It's always a good thing.

Yes, it is. It can be done on solution or on community pressure, but
it's a good thing nevertheless.

> It's the *only* sign of 'I don't take this personally, I just wanted to
> let you know something'.

I saw that it was getting personal while I didn't want it to.
I first tried explaining that it wasn't personal, then when I saw that
it was not helping I decided to revert the -1 for the reason you outline
above.

But the fact that it somehow did get personal, even if that was not the
intention, was too much for me to bear ATM. I have a personal life too,
with feelings and all this stuff, and this episode, in this difficult
period for me, really hit. This is not an accusation or anything, just a
constatation. I am perfectly aware that no harm was intended by anyone here.

As I said, I'm not going away, just getting off the stage to help in the
backstage for the moment.

Which could be a good thing nevertheless.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -