forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Including legacy html
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:02:35 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> i think we're not communicating.  stylesheet instructions are in xml.
> what they *act on* does not need to be, does it?

XSL stylesheets _require_ a well-formed XML input tree. It also
_prefers_ well-formed XML output - just take a look at the Gump
stylesheets generating shell scripts to see what happens if you try to
generate non-XML output.

Anakia will always be more flexible since it has no standard to implement.

>  i'm talking about
> an instruction 'include this external thing verbatim on the output
> side of the loop; don't try to do anything with it, it isn't for
> you.  just include the frickin' thing right here in the output.'

I will play around with this idea some more. For source fragments, it
isn't a bad idea. To inject HTML in the output, I don't know.

> forrest can be as fast or as slow as it takes.  is the primary goal
> do a little really fast, or do a lot in whatever time it takes?

Do a lot & do it right.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org