forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Including legacy html
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:03:04 GMT
Can I put in a word of caution?  Forrest is already pretty slow... I'd
like to see some
thinking along the lines of "less passes" and perhaps a more pragmatic
approach to
those whom want extended flexibilty (perhaps by offering an "outside" of
forrest copy the thing or just
link it)..

Ken, the biggest problem with including raw html is that its not "well
formed" which means its not valid
XML.  XML-foo doesn't like that.  To be valid XML it has to be "well
formed" and for transformers and the
such, it must be.  How can it be well formed?  By being XHTML...
tags are closed, etc etc)...

Forrest needs to stay simple, and seek higher gradients of performance.
 To be honest, I still don't like it as much as
anakia for doing what it does....because anakia is faster and takes less
memory!  You can tout the wonderful technology
behind forrest all you want...but it still takes 10x longer to generate
a site so whoop-de-doo..

Its all about the speed and ease of use.

-Andy