forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Including legacy html
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:56:27 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>>>does forrest support any sort of conditional-on-output mechanism?
>>>like <if target="html"> .. </if>?
>>Nope. This is hidden in the sitemap/stylesheets.
> is there no hope for it appearing at a higher level where real users
> (not x*-savvy developers) might take advantage of it?

We must ask the project manager :)

Seriously: while I see some value in this verbatim inclusion of
external, non-XML fragments, I don't see much value in conditional
behaviour. It's the kind of stuff which gets thrown back in your face, IMHO.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message