forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] InputModuleTransformer for linking (Re: [RT] LinkTranslator Usage)
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:27:29 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
[...]
> Yep :)  Manage a whole site's linking from a few metadata files and a linkmap.

The description of the link system is basically in line with my opinions
too, so I'm +1 for it.

This BTW, addresses Concern 1 of
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103976582923758&w=2

What we will need after this, to be able to complete the picture, is a
resourcemap, that maps resources to real sources.

The linkmap makes us manage a whole site's linking, ie the resulting URIs.
The resourcemap will make us manage the whole source space, so that we
will be able to change the way sources are gotten without touching the
sitemap. For example, I could pass from a file system to a db without
touching the sitemap.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -