forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] DTD Versioning (Re: Should href be required on link)
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 07:10:14 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:46:32PM +0100, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Shouldn't the href attribute on a link (or jump, fork) be required.
>>
>>In other words what is a link that points to nowhere.
>

> Interesting.. I wonder if the original DTD author was pasting from XLink or
> something.

Yep, Stefano was.

<snip/>

> What do people think?

+1 for backwards-compatible changes (things being added) or _light_
extra restrictions. Where should we store the old versions? Or do we add
links to the CVS view of older versions:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resources/schema/dtd/document-v11.mod?rev=1.6

The optional href attribute was inspired by named anchors, i.e. <a
name="foobar"/>: my bad.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org