forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Including legacy html
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 05:38:51 GMT
Forrest-devs,

Is it possible to include legacy html in a forrest-generated site?  I
cannot see a way, so I would appreaciate some advice.  My particular
requirement is to be able to include XE/e/macs htmlized code, or
fragments thereof, in generated code.  The ideal would be to be able to
insert chunks directly in the generated pages, but I realise that this
is probably asking too much.  As a fall-back, the ability to correctly
refer to complete html pages in, say <jump/> elements would suffice.  I
am thinking of having such pages, or subtrees of pages, in the resources
directory under src/documentation.

I doubt that I am the only one who will need to accommodate legacy html.

The attempts I have made include hacking the build.xml to copy html
subdirs into the context directory, have failed. because the link
resolution fails and I get an error page in place of the original.

Is there some Q&D way to do this?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/