forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Mythical Javadoc generator (Re: Conflict resolution)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:15:00 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

[...]

>> Anyway, the point is not if Cocoon should *generate* these docs, as it
>> doesn't generate the sources of the docs too. But IMO it should serve
>> them all, be they handwritten or pregenerated. In Centipede we
>> generate documentv11 docs out of junit, checkstyle, and other tests,
>> and pass them to Forrest. Of course I don't want Cocoon to *generate*
>> them, but to publish them, yes.
>

> OK.
>
> Now how are we going to address & locate these non-generated, yet
> published resources? Is my FS mail anywhere near a feasible approach
> (i.e. LinkResolverTransformer)?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103976582923758&w=2

Concern 1 is basically your transformer concept.

Concern 2 we need a resourcemap, where we have mount points that tell us
where to find the source (takes care of the "locate these non-generated,
yet published resources" part)

Concern 3 are CAPs.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -