forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: The Mythical Javadoc generator (Re: Conflict resolution)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:01:10 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
 >. . .
> That is impossible.  Generating Javadocs is, as I said, "inherently a
> batch-processing job".
 >. . .

I agree that generating Javadoc for a _whole tree_ of java source files
is problematic, but a JavadocGenerator can be very useful in processing
_single_ java source files, and much easier to write I think (assuming
the java parser won't attempt to parse the whole source code tree every
time).

We've been discussing this on cocoon-docs lately (as a way of generating
parts of Component Reference Pages out of javadoc tags) and someone is
supposed to work on this as we speak. So hopefully this is going to be
less mythical soon ;-)

-Bertrand