forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: file: implemented (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 04:09:08 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> If you go the wget path you have to implement a link parser and
>> translator for *every* hypertext-capable binary files our serializers
>> can come up with.
>

> Still, since Cocoon pipelines are XML-only, I wonder how and where we
> could plug in a CSS parser that feeds image requests back into the
> process method. Should we have 'intelligent readers' then, augmented
> with some sort of LinkSerializer?

What about this

  <map:match pattern="*.css">
   <map:read src="./styles/*.css" mime-type="text/css"/>
   <map:read label="link" type="css-link-parser" src="./styles/*.css"/>
  </map:match>

where 'css-link-parser' is a link emitting reader that uses a CSS parser.

wouldn't that fit your needs without sacrificing coherence?