forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Adding protocols to links: why?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:25:52 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> I don't like having to specify an attribute to indicate what type of
> resource is at the end of my arc - uri syntax should scale enough to put
> that all in one identifier.

Nice try. If you want to use XSLT for mapping the semantic link
to a concrete link for the target format, you'll basically have
to parse an URL, something which is not exactly the primary
strength of XSLT.
A possible approach could be a separate map, hand edited and/or
generated with some other tool (does somebody smell topic maps?)

J.Pietschmann