forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Trove
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:34:45 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Bert Van Kets wrote:
>
>> Steven,
>> Where do you want to get with this information?  I can see the link
>> between this "trove" document and Forrest, but please elaborate.
>

> There isn't much of a link right now, but this can come.
>
>>  From what I read between the lines it would be a great opportunity to
>> use the restructuring to get people into Forrest, or to adapt Forrest
>> to reflect the structure and make the transition for the projects to
>> Forrest as easy as 123.
>

> I'm not nearly as ambitious as that. I just have troubles finding out
> what projects exist in the Apache hemisphere, and given the recent
> turbulence, I thought such a resource might be helpful.
>
> I was thinking of Forrest as a skinning system - but would like to focus
> on data collection first. I've been talking to Sam Ruby and am trying to
> find some common ground between all these descriptors.

Easy, the common ground is the Gump descriptor.
At centipede we have enhanced it with extra data, and Forrest is using
part of that version. Maven is able to generate it automatically.

Gump already makes a cross-linked site on these descriptors, if you want
to give me a hand in Forrestizing the output...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -