forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Apache Trove
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:04:42 GMT
Bert Van Kets wrote:

> Steven,
> Where do you want to get with this information?  I can see the link
> between this "trove" document and Forrest, but please elaborate.

There isn't much of a link right now, but this can come.

>  From what I read between the lines it would be a great opportunity to
> use the restructuring to get people into Forrest, or to adapt Forrest to
> reflect the structure and make the transition for the projects to
> Forrest as easy as 123.

I'm not nearly as ambitious as that. I just have troubles finding out
what projects exist in the Apache hemisphere, and given the recent
turbulence, I thought such a resource might be helpful.

I was thinking of Forrest as a skinning system - but would like to focus
on data collection first. I've been talking to Sam Ruby and am trying to
find some common ground between all these descriptors.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org