forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Krysalis skin CSS images are not being crawled
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 20:30:40 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> This problem will eventually go away, this is just a notice.
>

> It's one of those things which worries me. I don't think it will ever go
> away, if we don't start thinking about how we could tackle this. The
> problem is that it would require us to embed a CSS parser inside the
> Cocoon crawler -
> http://xml.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/css/parser/package-summary.html

Yes, in the current crawling system, all links must pass on the SAX stream.

So instead of

    <map:match pattern="**.css">
     <map:read src="resources/css/{1}.css" mime-type="text/css"/>
    </map:match>

we should do

    <map:match pattern="**.css">
      <map:generate type="batikcss" src="resources/css/{1}.css">
      <map:serialize type="css"/>
    </map:match>

And the problem should be resolved.

> Hm... I have been discussing this in the office already several times,
> and most of the time we come up with the conclusion that doing it good
> would require implementing an entire browser without a rendering
> subsystem :(
>
> </Steven>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -