forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Krysalis skin CSS images are not being crawled
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 19:36:16 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> This problem will eventually go away, this is just a notice.

It's one of those things which worries me. I don't think it will ever go
away, if we don't start thinking about how we could tackle this. The
problem is that it would require us to embed a CSS parser inside the
Cocoon crawler -

Hm... I have been discussing this in the office already several times,
and most of the time we come up with the conclusion that doing it good
would require implementing an entire browser without a rendering
subsystem :(

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at