forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot live!
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:19:44 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> But eventually, yes, I'm sure it will make sense to move it to the
>> Gump codebase. It's Gump the "neurtal" tool, so it could go there.
>> Anyway, we will discuss this when the time is ripe, in the meantime
>> I'll try to see that we keep the bot-webapp as neutral as reasonably
>> possible.
>
> +1
>
> The remaining problem is uploading/transfering generated 'stuff' (is
> that neutral enough? ;-)

;-P

hehehe

> 'Pushing' information towards ASF equipment would require us to store
> private keys on cocoondev.org, whether this is done using scp, cvs, and
> whatelse. Bad practice.

Yuo.

> Having ASF equipment 'pull' information from us requires us to do some
> further setup: run rsync as a daemon, or store generated stuff in a CVS
> repo, in an FTP archive, or whatelse. It would require us to set up
> accounts for ASF-originating pull processes, too.

Not if we put the results public; since it will go public we can show
the results public, so that there is no need to have any kind of account
stuff, just the url.

> If we could generate
> proper Expires: headers, we could use proxy_pass/_cache which doesn't
> require any security-sensitive setup on either side.

For the Cocoon site/s it seems like the best solution, because it makes
the dynamic stuff possible.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -