forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot live!
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:08:40 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> But eventually, yes, I'm sure it will make sense to move it to the Gump
> codebase. It's Gump the "neurtal" tool, so it could go there.
> Anyway, we will discuss this when the time is ripe, in the meantime I'll
> try to see that we keep the bot-webapp as neutral as reasonably possible.

+1

The remaining problem is uploading/transfering generated 'stuff' (is
that neutral enough? ;-)

'Pushing' information towards ASF equipment would require us to store
private keys on cocoondev.org, whether this is done using scp, cvs, and
whatelse. Bad practice.

Having ASF equipment 'pull' information from us requires us to do some
further setup: run rsync as a daemon, or store generated stuff in a CVS
repo, in an FTP archive, or whatelse. It would require us to set up
accounts for ASF-originating pull processes, too. If we could generate
proper Expires: headers, we could use proxy_pass/_cache which doesn't
require any security-sensitive setup on either side.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org