forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot live!
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 15:35:06 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 12:22:27PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>Jeff Turner wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Steven and I have put together a little webapp interface to the
>>>forrestbot:
>>>
>>>http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/
>>
>>*doh* didn't know you were working on it. Strange...
>>

>>>The webapp allows you to preview multiple Forrest-built websites.  Both
>>>the sites and Forrest are the latest from CVS, providing a Gump-like
>>>catch-bad-things-early capability.
>>
>>Very nice. If I dare, it looks like our version of Criusecontrol-Anthill
>>to me, and let me tell you, it's a big compliment :-)
>
> Thanks.. is there a public demo of Cruisecontrol+Anthill anywhere?

Look at the screenshots on the respective sites, they are quite
interesting.

I like this Forrestbot, it's basically a better version of AntGump.
Given the generality of the tool, and given that other times on this
list it has been decided not to "pollute" our mission of site
generation, what is the relationship with Gump?

In other words, would it make sense to you all to make this part of the
Gump codebase? Since the Gump CVS will probably be open to all Apache
committers, it would not be a commit problem.

>>krysalis-site
>>krysalis-centipede
>

> I've added krysalis-centipede as a test, but there is a forrestbot bug
> where it the specified skin is ignored (always uses forrest-site), so its
> not very useful yet.

The fact that we put it up now is actually useful, so we get to see how
to fix it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -