forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: linking static pdf and binary files in a forrest site
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:49:42 GMT
While everyone is reading those discussions again :-)

There was some consensus (don't remember a vote though) on
- using CAP's (they were introduced inn cvs as the
SourceTypeAction  (see /cap.html in your xml-forrest/build/site
- in combination with using some ResourceExistAction checking off
if the actual file exists --> read, else CAP
- removing extensions in the xdocs <link> elms
- to introduce them again in an xslt file
- and reorganize one and the other to make heavier use of cocoon

And I have to admit I've been quite away since then, so I'm in no
position to answer the question in terms of what is done with all
of this since then: as far as my quick scan learns me:
- only an example-usage of the sourcetype action is in the sitemap
- extensions are still in the xdocs <link>'s

So thx for bringing this up, am quite interested to get an easy
update on this as well (beats scanning through the postings I
missed the past weeks :-))

-marc=